Summer 2020 Early College Program Dates
Program Dates: June 19 - July 18, 2020
Applications Open: February 1, 2020
Applications Close: April 15, 2020
- Please Note: This is a Co-Educational, Sponsored Program
- This program is for rising juniors and seniors in high school.
- Applicants must complete the general application, and the Art History & Curatorial Studies Assessment.
- Applicants must complete the Summer Programs Application and the Art History & Curatorial Studies Assessment, and submit all application materials by the deadline.
Young women and men selected to participate in this program will receive sponsorship covering the cost of room and board, instructional supplies and off-campus museum trips. PLEASE NOTE: Participating families will be responsible for travel costs to Spelman College and the return trip home.
- Summer Programs Teacher Recommendation Form
- Summer Programs Guidance Counselor Form
- Summer Programs Application
- Art History & Curatorial Studies Assessment
- Notifications begin in April
Dormitory housing is provided at Spelman College and Morehouse College.
All students accepted into the Early College Program receive full scholarships that cover room and board, books, activity fees and field trip transportation costs.
The Early College Program in Art History and Curatorial Studies is made possible by the generosity of the Alice L. Walton Foundation.
Participating families will be responsible for travel costs to Spelman College and the return trip home.
Spelman College, a Historically Black College whose missions is to serve high-achieving Black women, will consider for admission women students including students who consistently live and self-identify as women, regardless of their gender assignment at birth. Spelman does not admit male students, including students who self-identify and live consistently as men, regardless of gender assignment at birth. If a woman is admitted and transitions to male while a student at Spelman, the College will permit that student to continue to matriculate at and graduate from Spelman.
Application to a high school pre-college summer program is not an application for admission to the degree programs of Spelman College. No promises are made regarding admission to the first-year class. Parents/guardians must give their permission for students to participate in summer programs and activities.